Saturday, September 27, 2008

Tournis

This is astonishing. I remember once, when I was a kid standing at a railway platform waiting for a train. I must've been about seven I think. I was standing there and there were a lot of other people waiting for trains also. I clearly recall being almost overwhelmed by the realisation that everyone there had a different visual perspective of the train station. There would have been perhaps one hundred people there and I just couldn't fathom how there was room in the world for all of those perspectives. And I mean perspective in the most literal way. It's a phenomenon that I've never really shaken or forgotten.
Anyhoo, have a gander at this. It's incredible and the closest thing I've seen to a physical representation of the aforementioned sensation.


No comments: